Financial Aid for Summer Semester
Summer Semester 2013
Summer semester is awarded separately from fall and spring semester. Students interested in summer financial aid need to:
- Complete the 2012 -2013 FAFSA and provide all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office
- Register for summer courses - (course registration triggers Financial Aid to review students for summer financial aid)
- Last Day to accept summer loan requests - July 25, 2013
Award notices are only online. You will receive an email to your school email address alerting you when your summer award letter is completed. Check Your Financial Aid Status online.
Paying Tuition and Fees - Important Reminders
- Tuition invoices are not mailed.
- Students are responsible to monitor their student account balance online.
- Students are financially responsible for all registration activity.
If Anoka-Ramsey Community College has received your 2012-2013 Financial Aid application (FAFSA) from the Federal Processing Center by summer tuition due date (regardless if you have received your award notice yet), your summer semester tuition/fees will be deferred. Your summer classes will not be dropped. Any tuition and fees not paid by financial aid will remain your responsibility.
Types of Aid for Summer
Federal Pell Grant, Minnesota State Grant, MN Childcare Grants, loans and work-study are available this summer. If you are eligible for either the Federal Pell grant or Federal Direct Loans and you did not use your full eligibility during fall and spring term, you may have eligibility for these programs during the summer.
Changing Your Schedule
Financial aid adjustments due to class schedule changes: If you decide to add a course after the 5th day of the term start, your Pell Grant CANNOT be adjusted for the increase in credits. If you drop a course and add another course that is the same number of credits after the 5th day of the term start, your Pell Grant will be negatively affected, as your added course will not be recognized. If you drop any courses after the 5th day of the term start, you may be required to repay part or all of your summer aid. Canceled courses can also affect your financial aid eligibility. YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE MUST BE FIRM AND YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES AFTER THE 5TH DAY OF THE TERM OR YOU RISK AID REDUCTIONS.
You are required to be enrolled in at least 6 credits (not including W's) at the time of any loan disbursement. If you are not enrolled in at least 6 eligible credits, ARCC cannot disburse the funds to you and may have to return any loan funds previously disbursed for summer.
If you are transfering to Anoka-Ramsey Community College (ARCC) this summer and you have already completed the 2012-2013 FAFSA for another school, you will need to go online www.fafsa.gov to add ARCC's school code 002332. Your summer financial aid at ARCC will be determined from what you have not already used fall and spring semester.
Summer Book Charging
It is wise to purchase your books before the term starts and begin to get familiar with the course content. This means you purchase books "out of pocket," and use any balance of your financial aid to pay yourself back.
When this is not possible, and for those students who have a completed Financial Aid application for 2012-2013, Anoka-Ramsey Community College supports a Summer Book Charge process:
- Please plan your purchases carefully. Use the charge process only in an emergency and only once in a term.
- Summer book charges are allowed May 20 - May 31, 2013.
- Book charging limit up to $300 unless you get written Financial Aid Approval (see Financial Aid Department).
- You must have a completed 2012-2013 Financial Aid application.
- Please be advised that you may charge if you have a completed financial aid application but if you do not have enough financial aid to cover your book charges, You Will Be Responsible for all books you charge. It is your responsibility to review your summer award letter to confirm what financial aid you have available based on your summer registration.